Friday, July 26, 2019

Same Stencil – Three Different Looks



Welcome back!  Today I have three cards that I made with simple stencil techniques, but all three cards have a different sense to them.

This first card, I used the stencil to create a cool underwater effect.  I stenciled a medium blue ink onto white cardstock then after removing the stencil, I inked all over the entire piece with a lighter blue ink.  This softened the stark white that was left by the stencil.  I finished by stamping a scene with silhouette stamps of underwater fish and seaweed in solid black, then added some die cuts and a sentiment.

For this project the same stencil was used but this time it was inked with an embossing ink onto a light blue paper then clear embossing powder was heat set on top.  This provided a shiny textured finish.  Imagine doing this on tan paper, I think you’d get a neat croco-embossed effect.  To complete the project, I layered the embossed background with a simple sentiment that I shadow stamped a butterfly over.  This technique, I have often seen on wall art, but I have never done it in my paper crafting.  Thanks to Christine Mann, a member of a Facebook group that I am in, I was inspired to try it and I loved how the ink used for the butterfly matched the embossed background, so I made a small piece of art out of them.  Thank you, Christine!

The final card is a simple ombre of aqua inks stenciled onto white cardstock.  Again, nothing fancy here but the effect is so striking.  To complete my card, I dry embossed a white card base for texture in the background then layered the stenciled piece with a colorful and glittery butterfly.  The sentiment is a die that leaves the wording as negative space and I love how it layered nicely onto of the stenciling.


I hope you will have a play with some of these easy backgrounds.  Isn’t it fabulous how one stencil with slightly different applications can change the look and feel of a project?

Now go forth and be crafty!

Dawn

Disclosure:

     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in is my own personal endorsement and choice.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Sparkly Girl. :-)

    The stencil reminds me of Giraffe spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking Croco but Giraffe's is better! Thanks.

      Delete