Monday, December 3, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and a Few Cute Cards for You


Isn’t it funny how the holiday season can have such a global impact on our lives?  Some people literally gleam with the spirit of Christmas.  It’s just magical.

My first card today is an aperture card of Santa and his reindeer flying through the winter night sky while my pal Frosty holds up his wooden sign pleading for Santa to stop. 


For this card all the elements were from Crafter’s Companion.  I cut the tree scene with the Evergreen Trees die by using a cut-off-the-edge technique so only the tops of the trees were cut into the card but not completely cut out from the card.  Then I used one of the Torn Edge Rectangle dies and again “cutting-off-the-edge” to cut the rest of the window opening.  I stamped, colored and fussy cut out the snowman from the Winter Wonders stamp set and the sign from Santa’s Secret set.  I glued the sign to the snowman’s stick arm and glued him to the card front.  The sentiment “Do you Believe” is also included in the Santa’s Secret set.

For the inside I used watercolor cardstock, a sponge blending tool and blended ink in shades of light blue purple and dark blue masking off for a full white moon.  I used some various tree stamps to stamp the black silhouette trees on the inside and finally I stamped Santa and his reindeer flying through the sky using the Magic and Wonder stamp. 

Next up is another Santa and his reindeer scene again using the same Magic and Wonder stamp to make a diorama card. 


To create this card, I used will need a piece of navy blue cardstock 5” x 9 1/4”.  I scored from the left edge with the piece of cardstock in landscape position at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2" then flipped the cardstock 180 degrees and scored again at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2".  Folding in at the 2 ½” score line and back at the 1 ¼” score line on both sides I created the basic card shape and base.  You can decorate right onto your card if you’d like but I chose to mat and layer the various sections.  I started my layers with plain white cardstock that was the same 5” x 9 ¼” size.  Using a sponge blending tool I blended three shades of blue and some black ink to build the night sky leaving part of the cardstock white for the snow and again masking for a full moon.  Once my background was done, I cut the layers from it by cutting two strips of 1 1/8” from each side and then trimming the remaining middle section just a hair so it would layer inside the card but allow the sides to still fold down. 

For the front joining snow bank I simple cut a wavy line with a craft knife and the houses and trees were cut from the Crafter’s Companion Sleigh Accessories Pack that goes with a Dimensional Stamp and Dies set.  These are dies that do not have a bottom cutting edge so when they are cut they are still attached along the bottom and I cut them so they were on a strip of cardstock cut to fit inside the middle section of my card.  I created two layers one with the trees and one with the houses.  I cut a few more trees and a house for the front of the card.  I also cut some snowflakes and a star for one of the trees.  Finally, I stamped the Magic and Wonder stamp on the center panel and glued all the pieces in place.  I used a white gel pen to add some falling snow.  

The best thing about this card is it folds flat to fit into a standard card envelope for mailing!  

My last card today is a quick and easy Aperture card.




The card was created with the Winter Wonderland Signature Collection by Sara Davies from Crafter’s Companion.  The card is a 6x6” card base layered with designer paper from the Winter Wonderland 6x6” paper pad.  These papers are so gorgeous that all the card needed was a few simple embellishments.

I cut the front aperture using the mat layer die from the Yuletide Sentiment die set.  I also cut out the sentiment die itself from mirrored blue cardstock and glue it to the inside through the opening in the front of the card.  The snowflakes were cut from silver mirror card with the Snowflake Quartet dies in the collection.  I glued some clear gems onto the center of the snowflakes and used gold and silver Stickles to add bling to the center of the flowers.  I added a bow tied from some ribbon that I found at the dollar store had and finished the inside with another piece of paper from the same paper pad. 

I hope you enjoyed today’s projects.  If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments sections below and thanks for stopping by.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  May you and your family be blessed with good health, joy and peace.

Dawn

Disclosure:
     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in this video is my own personal endorsement and choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment