Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Quick but Elegant Christmas Cards using Designer Papers


Hello, I am back again with some easy but elegant Christmas cardmaking inspiration.  These cards were all made with a new assortment from Crafter’s Companion called Poinsettia Perfection which is part of their Nature’s Garden collection. 

This first card is a traditional 5x7"card layered with beautiful patterned paper from the 12x12" paper pad included  in the collection, a die cut frame using the Victorian Frame die and a couple of paper poinsettias.  I cut the frame from a foam green glitter card and using the Grande Poinsettia die set I cut multiples of the petal layers out of white glitter cardstock.  I gently shaped the petals and assembled the flowers in layers.  The card all came together by layering a couple of flourishes cut from some patterned paper that I had in my scrap paper folders.  I adhered those on top of the frame, then the two poinsettias, their leaves and finally a ready-made sentiment.

This next card began with a 5x5" card base in which I scored the front of the card at 2 ½ inches and folded it back onto itself.  I adhered pieces of patterned paper from the paper pad, then I stamped, die cut and colored the Victorian Lantern stamp from the collection.  Finally a card topper sentiment that is part of the same paper pad was added to the front and I stamped a holiday sentiment on the inside.

For this final card, 
I created a center step card base and covered it with the designer paper.  I embellished with another paper poinsettia, this time cut from some of the designer paper, added another flourish and some leaves.  Finally, a little bling to dress it up and another ready-made sentiment.  If you would like to learn how to make this type of card base, please here for step-by-step tutorial.
This new Poinsettia collection is gorgeous and has so many wonderful elements that you won’t need anything else but glue and some inspiration to make memorable cards this holiday season.  The collection is currently available as a bundle on HSN.com or you can purchase the individual pieces from Crafter’s Companion’s website. 

I hope you will stop by again for more card making inspiration and techniques.  

Until then, Happy Crafting!
Dawn


Disclosure:


     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in is my own personal endorsement and choice.


1 comment: