Wednesday, August 1, 2018

One Die - Two Cards

(Originally posted 01/28/2016)

Hi!  Today I’d like to share a couple of cards that I made this week using some dies that were created by Gina Marie Designs.  This was my first purchase of her dies.  I received the dies in about a week’s time and had to test them out right away, of course!  I have to say that I am really enjoying the trees background but my other favorite is the Calligraphy Sympathy die.  It’s so elegant, delicate and beautiful.

For the first card I created a sky background by using Broken China Distress ink.  I pounced my ink pad onto my craft mat then sprayed it with water that I had added perfect pearls to.  It made such a pretty shimmery blue “paint”.   I painted the ink onto a piece of 3 ½” x 5 1/2“ glossy cardstock and let it dry.  It really turned out pretty, I wish the camera could catch the shimmer better.

To a card base, I glued the sky background and some plain green cardstock to cover the front.  Then using a torn scrap of green glimmer vellum I layered that over the seam between the sky and the green ground creating the look of a grassy hill.  To that I added the die cut trees and the sympathy die cut sentiment.   Here is the completed card; I added a photo effect to enhance its feel but the colors are true:  


For the 2nd card I covered the front of a card base with some grassy looking pattern paper and layered the trees to create my scene.  To add interest to the scene I stamped and colored the wheel barrow from Gina K Designs “Autumn Wishes” stamp set and cut it out.  I also stamped the ladybug from the same set but in order to make it the right size I scanned it into my computer, reduced it, printed it out, colored it and then cut it out.  Isn’t she cute?  Finally I cut out some leaves that were part of a piece of pattern paper also from Gina K Designs and placed them in the wheel barrow.  I love how cute this card came out!



Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my cards. 

Disclosure:
     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in this video is my own personal endorsement and choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment