Wednesday, August 1, 2018

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

(Originally posted 10/28/2015)

One of my favorite childhood memories was listening to "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by Clement Moore being read before bedtime each Christmas Eve.  My mother knew the poem by heart and would simply recite it as I held the book and flipped the pages in synchrony.  In later years I would recite the same to my daughter each Christmas Eve and hopefully someday she will read the story to her children.  


I still love that book and I still remember the exact images even though the book is long gone.  On the last page was Santa in is sleigh flying over the moon and the rooftops wishing everyone a "Happy Christmas".  Here are a couple of Christmas cards with my version of that final scene.  I hope you like them and I hope that they bring back some wonderful memories for you.

The moons were masked and the sky inked.  The trees were stamped and dotted with a white jelly roll pen to add snow and then using a glitter pen I went back over and added sparkle to the snow and created Santa's trail.  Santa and his reindeer were colored with Spectrum Noir markers and each image was mounted on heavy weight cardstock.  The sentiments were both heat embossed in silver and finally I glued tiny little iridescent star confetti all over the night skies.  The glitter and shimmer isn't picked up well in these photos but in person they are really pretty.

Now who doesn't love reliving a fun memory like this?

Disclosure:
     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in this video is my own personal endorsement and choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment