Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Magical Snowman

(Originally posted 10/26/2015)

I haven't had much time to be in my studio lately but I still can't stop thinking of what my next creation might be.

Recently I had this "dream" about creating a snowman from snowflake stamps or die cuts and as fate would have it I received the Stamp of Approval Holiday Magic Collection kit on Saturday and inside were lots of great snowflake stamps.  Here's the card that emerged from my dream:



Can't you just feel the icy cold snow and the magical movement in this scene?  Brrrr...

For the snowman I used three varying sizes of snowflakes from the Bring on the Snowflakes stamp set.  With a colored pencil I lightly sketched the body of the snowman and then cut him out.  The background was gently inked with Salty Ocean DI and the swirls were stamped using some of the flourishes from Holiday Flourishes stamp set.  The sentiment from the Snowy Sayings set is also from the SOA kit.  It was stamped in Versamark then heat embossed with Ranger's Super Fine Silver embossing powder.

I finished my magical friend off with a ribbon scarf and the top hat from the Tim Holtz Crazy Things stamp set and of course some bling because nothing is complete without a little sparkle!

Hoping you're day is full of sparkle!

Disclosure:
     All products used in my blog posts and videos are my own and purchased by me.  My blog posts, videos and opinions are not sponsored, and I am not paid by the product companies to create these posts and videos. The information provided in this video is my own personal endorsement and choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment